Cash is King! Cashflow Forecasting for Beginners - Edinburgh
A fun, relaxed workshop, with a promise that you’ll leave, not only understanding cashflow forecasts but with confidence in your own abilities to prepare one. Lunch will be provided.
You may not think it but…. if you don’t prepare a cashflow forecast, or you do it badly – it can be the demise of a successful business!
No lengthy, boring presentations and no experience necessary!
This workshop is for you if you can answer “yes” to any of the following:
- You don’t really know what a cashflow forecast is
- You don’t see why you really need to bother doing one
- You’ve tried completing a forecast but not sure if you’re doing it right
- You learn by doing rather than watching
This workshop will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Understand cashflow forecasting and the important role it plays in your business
- Complete future forecasts for your own social enterprise
- One to one support, inputting your own figures into a tailor-made cashflow forecast for your own business
Please bring the following with you to the workshop:
- If you’ve started trading bring anything to do with your accounts (don’t worry, only you will see / use these)
- A laptop with excel software if you have one
- Trading or not – any research you may have on sales / expenditure / funding etc
If you don’t have any of the above, no problem, we’ll have examples.
10:00 – Arrival/Tea & Coffee
10.15 – Introductions
10:30 – Short, interesting (yes – finance can be interesting!) interactive presentation
11:00 – Worksheets to make sure you ‘get it’
12:00 – Lunch
12.45 – Excel training – all you need to know
13.45 – Excel practise – Sue will be available to help while you complete a cashflow for your own social enterprise
15.45 – Finish
<I>Facilitator: Susan Oak has run her own businesses for over 25 years, including a successful social enterprise. She teaches management accounts on a one to one basis to start-ups and is also a social enterprise advisor based in Fife.</i>